[ngIRCd-ML] ngIRCd 20.2

Christoph Biedl ngircd.anoy at manchmal.in-ulm.de
Mon Feb 18 19:43:12 CET 2013

Alexander Barton wrote...

> release 20.2.

The Debian package failed to build on hurd-i386, see
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ngircd&arch=hurd-i386&ver=20.2-1~exp1&stamp=1361059386

    (...)
    stressing server with 5 clients (be patient!):
    checking stress script ... ok.
    started client 1/5.
    started client 2/5.
    started client 3/5.
    started client 4/5.
    started client 5/5.
    waiting for clients to complete: ... ok.
    PASS: stress-server.sh
    stopping server 1 ... ok.
    PASS: stop-server1
    make[4]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
    make[3]: *** [check-am] Error 2
    make[2]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
    dh_auto_test: make -j1 check returned exit code 2
    make: *** [build-arch] Error 29
    dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build-arch gave error exit status 2
    2 of 16 tests failed
    Please report to ngircd-ml at ngircd.barton.de
    (...)

while 20.1 did fine:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ngircd&arch=hurd-i386&ver=20.1-1~exp1&stamp=1357589252

    (...)
    stressing server with 5 clients (be patient!):
    checking stress script ... ok.
    started client 1/5.
    started client 2/5.
    started client 3/5.
    started client 4/5.
    started client 5/5.
    waiting for clients to complete: ... ok.
    PASS: stress-server.sh
    stopping server 1 ... ok.
    PASS: stop-server1
    ===================
    All 16 tests passed
    ===================
    (...)

Now I'm inclined to blame that change:

>  • autogen.sh: Enforce serial test harness on GNU automake >=1.13. The
>    new parallel test harness which is enabled by default starting with
>    automake 1.13 isn't compatible with our test suite.
>    And don't use "egrep -o", insetead use "sed", because it isn't portable
>    and not available on OpenBSD, for example.

But I'm not at all sure about it (and my hurd-i386 KVM guest fails to
boot). Any suggestion about that before I start to dig further?

    Christoph