[ngIRCd-ML] ngIRCd 19

Alexander Barton alex at barton.de
Thu Mar 1 00:11:06 CET 2012

Hi List Readers!

„We proudly present ngIRCd 19!“ – so here it is, the next stable release of ngIRCd!

There have been a few last fixes since the release candidate, for example the „SyslogFacility“ configuration variable should really work now and you can use GCC 2.7.2 again to build it [yeah, I know, who cares – but indeed a few do, including me ;-)].

Besides these fixes, ngIRCd 19 is the most usable release in combination with Anope IRC services ever: lots of enhancements and fixes went in, in addition to an updated Anope protocol module that works with Anope 1.9.6 released in early February (see included ./doc/Services.txt and ./contrib/Anope/README files for details).

The flood protection and „abuse prevention behavior“ has been greatly enhanced, for example by introducing new limits for channel ban and invite lists (MODE +b/+I) and other list replies (LIST, WHO, WHOIS, WHOWAS). And there are new commands (like GLINE and KLINE), new user modes (R, C) and channel modes (r, R), and channel exception lists (e) have been implemented as well. Lots of commands have been enhanced to better follow the RFC-specified and/or well known syntax and behavior (MODE, LINKS, WHO, LUSERS, …).

Please read the NEWS and ChangeLog files for the whole story:

	- <http://ngircd.barton.de/doc/NEWS>
	- <http://ngircd.barton.de/doc/ChangeLog>

You can find more information on our homepage at <http://ngircd.barton.de/> and its mirror <http://ngircd.berlios.de/>. The primary download locations are:

	- <ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/ngircd/>
	- <http://ngircd.barton.de/pub/ngircd/>

And as usual: send questions to this list, file bug reports (for bugs and enhancements), send patches, join <irc://irc.barton.de/ngircd>, and have fun! ;-)

Regards
Alex